Closed loop setup

phongluc

Reaction score
I have a closed loop 230g that I try to setup I need help on return pump can one ATBflow star 4200 strong enough to run there 6 hole in the bottom of the tank or do I have to use two pump thank you

while i'm not familiar with that pump, 3 of your holes on the bottom would be your drains and the other 3 would be your return from the closed loop pump, these are totally separate form you filtration system which will be hooked up to your over flows for skimming.

Sorry I didn't explain clear I am kind of new to the hobby there is 4 hole in the bottom there are 2 hole inside the overflow water then go to the circulate pump then go up to the tank just want to know if 1 pump of that side is strong enough for circulation or I need 2 pump thank you for helping

A closed loop doesn't work that way. The overflow goes to the open sump with a return pump going back to the tank. The closed loop would have two of the bottom holes hard piped to the suction side of the closed loop pump. The other two holes would be hard piped to the discharge side of the closed loop pump.

I get you can call this half closed loop bc it still the the sump you right there are two hole hard pipe suck the water in down to the pump then from the pump it split out to 4 hole in the bottom of the tank is that size of the pump is strong enough for good circulation I try and to keep most sps and no sand bottom

Not enough info. How much head pressure is there. No such thing as a half closed loop. Does the water from the tank go directly into the pump inlet?

In either case I don't think it is enough flow. Plenty of turnover for a return depending on head loss.
Nice pump though!

The water from the tank go the overflow like normal just the closed loop act like power head I think I never have this system before I think the hole in the bottom I think 1 half inches some water go direct to the pump inlet some go to the overflow to the sump

Back