Cloudy tank

Cook

President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
My clown grow out tank has a cloudy water problem that has developed this week. I did an 80 percent water change and within 24 hours is was the same as before. I have tried adding some bottled bacteria which also did not help. I am using a hob filter with carbon. I feed a pretty small amount of food.

Try a drop in UV like a green machine - that worked for Moki aka Inappropriate Reefer and then figure out what is causing the probable bacterial bloom.

I don't have an extra UV to use for that purpose. The water is taking on a green tint this morning, so I think it's algae related, I originally thought bacterial as well. I had a copepod growth explosion because of the GHA that was growing and they appear to have died off. I only have 3 baby clowns in this tank at the moment and some mushrooms. I think I'm going to move the contents to my frag tank in a breeder cage and let the UV in that tank take care of any possible cross contamination. The original tank water came from my frag tank anyway.

Back