Clown Fish??

mikesommers

Market
Reaction score
This might sound crazy but I have not messed around with clown fish allot. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on adding another clown to my 65. I have 1 small Marroon (maybe an 1 1/2) and was wanting another. I did not want to do a Marroon if I could get away with it. I would really like to get a Picasso Clown. I have had good luck with my Tangs but I lnow clowns can be pretty territorial. So any ideas, coments??? Please LMK!

IMO, to be happy in that size tank, yank the maroon. I think they're some of the most aggressive clowns and it would be a shame for one to take out a picasso.

JessPete;310365 wrote: IMO, to be happy in that size tank, yank the maroon. I think they're some of the most aggressive clowns and it would be a shame for one to take out a picasso.

That would be impossible. Way to much coral & rock. He is very laid back. He dosent touch any of the other fish. So you think he would go after another clown though?

YES. Maroons are very mean and dominant clowns. Take out the maroon, and get what you want.

I had a maroon in a 90 with tons of rock and caves. I dropped in one really big perc. Rostato had to take it from me and nurse it back to health after two days in the tank. Always exceptions though!

I can't even get my perc to take another mate. She was without her mate after it jumped for about a year, and I have since tried two more percs, and she has nearly killed them both...Clowns are a part of the damsel family, they can be very mean.

Guess that idea is out. Thanks for the opinions. I cant take everything out to catch him.

Entice him with soem food and use a container to catch him. My clowns have always been so friendly that I can catch them pretty easily. I have never had a marron though...

I had a maroon in a bta. I tried to catch it for twenty minutes, but it knew what I was doing. We turned out the lights, let it get back in it's nem (or out in the open) and shined it with a flash light. Blinded it, it scooped it up, and bagged 'em!

JessPete;310423 wrote: I had a maroon in a bta. I tried to catch it for twenty minutes, but it knew what I was doing. We turned out the lights, let it get back in it's nem (or out in the open) and shined it with a flash light. Blinded it, it scooped it up, and bagged 'em!

Thats the bestpart about clowns. They don't hide when they sleep!

I thought clownfish were supposed to be funny. My 2 false percs, Abbott and Costello, never do anything funny. Huge misnomer.

We are pretty attached to the little guy. So I think we will just hold off. I relly like the Picasso's but we have had the maroon for almost a year and a half. If he becomes a problem then I will deal with him. He dosent have a nem but he does have a colony of blue palys the size of a foot ball:up:

He'll probably only mess with another clown, so just avoid another expensive clown. If you must try it, I would go cheaper and be prepared to yank the newcomer.

JessPete;310590 wrote: He'll probably only mess with another clown, so just avoid another expensive clown. If you must try it, I would go cheaper and be prepared to yank the newcomer.

+2 But I'll bet a frag he will be mean to any other clown you put in there...

Its my wifes fault. She just had to have him @ 14.99. So need I say more. He was just so cute she said.

I do have a Blond Naso that would love to eat him alive if he moved in on the other side of the house. I wouldnt do that to him though.

Back