clown fish???

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
ok so my dad is sitting up my old tank. he is wanting to put two pair of clowns in the tank. is that out of the ? or can it work? he is wanting reg clowns and b&w's? i know some of you guys with big tanks do it. is this tank too small? its a 50gal....

I don't know what the masses will say, but I have in the last two weeks seen three tanks under 100g with 4 to 5 clowns living in each without fighting. These were all percs or ocellaris; I wouldn't dare try it with maroons.

I personally wouldn't try it, but apparently some people can pull it off. I'd be afraid of what would happen when they got older and more territorial.

My dad had two Clarke's and a tomato in his 90gal and they all got along good.

Just get one of each and let them pair up.
Or convince him to build a stand and do a stack with the 50 on top, a 20H underneath in view and the sump beside that closed up.
Personally would just try to talk him into one of each clown

He'll dig it. Old dudes know how to raise and grow stuff so watch out. We may have the next breeder in the making.
How is everything else going with ya? Good thing you didn't stop in the restauarant during your trip. With a local graduation and then Mother's Day all I could have done was given you a hi 5 and pointed at the tank as I ran by losing the rest of my hair

lol. well i guess it worked out then.. but all is well.. and yeah trust me if anyone has luck with that it will be my dad lol. he got my f/w setup when i got into the salt game and i couldnt get the mollies and platties to do anything lol he had them a week and had 100000000000 fry.. lol and half made it lol

I may have a pair of ocellaris FS soon. Been living together since October and host a frospawn.

lol he is wanting a b&W for sure and i think he is wanting a naked also so maybe i can talk him into that pair... we will see. we were going to get a pair from bob and well he seen a pair of B&W's today at the lfs and was like thats what i want then looking on line he said i want this and that and this and that.. lol he has it bad and hasnt even got in yet...

Smoothie;349426 wrote: Wow
Get him on here. It'll be no hold barred then.
lol getting my dad on here would be like telling a bug not to go into the light... it aint going to happen lol he's old school and stay's away from the computer till he ask me to do something for him and he sits here with me lol

I wouldn't do it. I've seen 2 different pairs in a large tank do OK if they have enough territory, but not in a 50.

Multiples will "get along" as juveniles but once 2 pair off, the dynamics change.

I don't even keep more than 2 juvies in a tank at the shop anymore. Last time I got a dozen from a local breeder I put them all in the same tank, and within a week there were fights starting... so I moved them in pairs to separate tanks and they calmed right down.

Jenn

Back