clown got stuck 3rd chamber of my biocube

markl

Market
Reaction score
got home tonight and one of my clowns jumped the wall,to the 3rd chamber of my biocube. i thought he was dead but i found him after 10 minutes of looking for dead fish in my tank. whats the best mod so he doesnt go over the wall again?

The problem is if he jumps again and lands on the eggcrate or screen and can't flop back into the water he is dead for sure. I have a 29gal biocube and have had many fish jump into all the chambers. The only one I lost was a sixline wrasse. He jumped at night and went to sleep under the pump, which fried him. The sixline had jumped 3 other times during the day and did just fine.

just found him again this time in the middle chamber on the water grid .lucky he was alive. i got the egg crate out madt it 13 and 1/4 long and 2 blocks high. i didnt see the purpose of covering my chamber so he could die if jumped . so i built it up higher then water .if i could post pics i would, havent figured it out yet. hope this helps. btw my tank is in my computer room.that probaly the only reason i noticed.

I have a BC. I glued gutter screen from the top down to block anything from going into the chambers. I had a wrasse who jumped in there WAY too much. So that works for me. egg crate seems a little thick.

What other fish do you have in the tank? Most clowns don't jump. Is there any agrression between that fish and another that is causing the problem?

the bio cube is known for this the water level is high in the front they like to hang out high.i think it fell over .its the first day of them in the new tank.i only have a pair of percs no other fish just corals.

Yep, sounds like the egg crate you did will work. Someone also told me to take some airline and cut it longways then slide it over the back wall if thats a problem.

so far today they are exploring their hotel. untill i get my 33 gallon cube set up.none falling over walls.

Back