Clown Question

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Well, those clowns I got the other day are amazing. I can almost get them to feed from my hand which is going to be awesome.

But I have a question... one of them has faint white spot on his body, doesn't look bad, looks like sand particles but I just need to be sure. S/He isn't hiding and being reclusive but actively swimming next to the other, eating and over all looks very healthy, but just want to be sure he's doing ok. Also, they do not appear to be next to the gills but randomly spaced out behind the fins that are just behind the gills, can't remember the name.

Could this be a sign that the other clown is becoming the dominate male or what? Or is s/he getting ich? I don't want to over react but I can't stand to lose a fish anymore, plus Petco won't do anything about it I don't think, less Kels chimes in about that.

Thanks for your help. Do I need pics?

I was hoping that wasn't it. Anything else I should do?

I also forgot to mention that they sleep like on the SB so i don't know if that would have anything to do with it but just a thought

Don't worry. If it is one spot just keep an eye on it. Mine get small specs on them here and there from getting niped at or something. They always recover. Just feed garlic enrighed food and soak in selcon.

its not one spec, its multiple but they aren't that small and they aren't very dark just faint dust looking like specs.

I will move forward with water changes and adding garlic and selcon. I will definately be keeping an eye on him, I'm going to try to get a pic if he'd stay still long enough. I'll post it soon if I get it tonight.

Oh, well just do what I said and keep an eye on it. IMO treating a small case of ich is too much stress on the fish. They get better on there own if they are healthy. Just feed with garlic and selcon...not a cure just keeps up the immune system.

atreyu917;290263 wrote: We got a Regal Tang the other day and ick appeared on it within the first 3 days. We started feeding him more often and within 2 days it was gone again. Just gotta make them extra happy! :)

But hey, if the problem continues and your local Petco doesn't do anything about it let me know. They are not required to as it clearly states on the back of the reciept, but generally we work with people anyway. Say like giving a big discount to buy another one. But come see me if they don't help you. I know it's a bit of a drive, but I'll definitely help you if they don't.

Ok, I feed him lots then :)

Hopefully he gets better. Heck, he better, that took all the money I had only got a little left for food. hehe. i got 20 bucks now, thanks JessPete, so if he does, you better believe I'll come up there. :)

I hate ick soooo much... ! first gets it....half my tank gets it. And once ur fish gets it, it's not even helpful to quarentee is cause it's in the water. I'd just give focus and garlic to everything. And nuke teh crap out of teh water with a UV sterlizer and pray nothing dies.

Yea, I was going to get one, but no funds for one, so its going to have to be sorta all natural with food and garlic and selcon.

They were listed as Tank Raised but i don't know how true that is, so if tru, I assume they to be hardy, just a little stressed out. I also, moved that big hermit to the fuge to see if he becomes unstressed as he may have picked on him, we will see though. I looked at the tank and both close are on opposite ends of the tank but when lights are on, they are with in an inch or two of each other.

Thats what I thought, Tommy, at lithonia said they order a lot of stuff from ORA now, lots of Corals too.

Might have a go, does anyone have a UV like the one ares mentioned so i can at least eradicate the current ich issue then hopefully get my one? Thanks

Ich spreche Deutsch...

I have a 15W UV laying around - I think the bulb is shot - but it's yours, I'll trade it for ANYTHING (e.g. frag as long as it is not Aiptasia, LOL - or a 6pack Woodchuck, or ... you make the price)

Robb

MMmmm, i think i will have to see what I have....

I have those two montis that I am trying to trade out. one looks white but I was told and heard that is normal, the other is fine.... took care of that aiptaisia problem too, took a blade and scraped the suckers off the piece of frag. :D

i don't really have much in the way of frags. send me a PM if you want to move the deal there

Ok, well, today was a good day.

Wasn't able to meet LilRob for his UV but the good news is that I think the crab had something to do with the clowns white spots. I think he may have be attacking him at night and since I have moved him to the fuge, the clowns white dots have disappeared and he is all black again with white stripes. its so nice. should I still get Rob's UV just to be on the safe side?
or what?

I moved some rocks around in my tank about 2 weeks ago My regal got mad... 6 spots of ich 2 days later. Within a week, gone. I have a UV that has never been hooked up.

Jason

Back