Clown w/Pop-Eye anyone?

scuba diva

Reaction score
I do not know where to ask about this, but I got up this morning and one of my female clowns had a "swollen eye." I Google'd it and found out it was "Pop-Eye." I quarrentined her and dosed w/Melafix. A antibacterial remedy. It is all natural. Has anyone heard of this or dealt w/it? Please move the thread to proper place, since there is no disease catagory. Thanks! Any info would be helpful! Le Ann

I had a damsel with it one time and read that turning off the lights in your tank for a couple of days would do the trick...it worked for me but I quess it will depend on what you have in the tank

From what I know Pop eye can also be caused by trama to the eye. I have a gold flake angel that's a spaz and he as gotten pop eye a couple times, after a few days it will go back to normal. Only fish that does that in my overstocked tank.

This is a 29G. It only has the mated pair of clowns, a six line and pistol. She could have hit her eye. No scrapping in the tank though. I will check on her in the am. I do not think that leaving her in the small hostpital overnight w/the melafix will hurt her. Any input there? How big does the eye get before going down? It is big! Any ideas? Thanks all of you!

Back