Clownfish jumped out... but...

tdam

Market
Reaction score
So last week, my dog over to my tank and seems to jump around. I go over there thinking he is playing it a bug. But it's my clown fish. Oh no! Anyway, not sure how long he was out. I pick him up, and throw him back in. It takes a few seconds, but he starts to move. Whew, I think he will be okay.

Fast forward to today. He is small so I don't observe him to much. I look at him today, and he is swimming upside down! Other than that, he looks okay. I throw some flakes in, and he turns right side up to eat. Then after that, he goes back to swimming upside down. Any idea what is going on?

Well let's see he jumped out of the tank which in just taking a guess is like you jumping off a 50 story building. Then the dog was playing with him. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he likely has some internal damage

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Well, it was carpet. So not like me jumping outta a building. And to be clear, the dog was just hope back and forth around it. Sorry for the confusion.

Either way tough lil guy to still be moving. My snowflake eel went carpet surfing many times. I wasn't so lucky with my very first goby I got when I first entered the hobby. To answer question I believe only time will tell. Wish you luck with it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I just took a vid from my phone. I don't know how to post it though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swim_bladder_disease">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swim_bladder_disease</a>

Here you go, this might be your fish problem ^^^^

tdam;967071 wrote: I just took a vid from my phone. I don't know how to post it though.

I usually upload to YouTube and then paste the link in the thread. Usually imbeds a video in the thread once posted.

Hey man i had a clownfish jump out the back of my old tank that my mom has now and afterwards he swam upside down for another 2 yrs before he went missing (swam up top upside down plus big pet cat) i figured he was breakfast lol. But he stayed healthy, ate, and did everything like normal just upside down :up: he will be alright just might stay a little gifted :) gl though

My gorgeous mystery wrasse jumped. He was dried up when I found him

Poor fish, his world just got turned upside down! :lol2: Sorry couldn't resist. I hope all is fine with the little guy!

Allen;967411 wrote: WHAT Nooooooooooo

Man that sucks.

That was an awesome fish. (If it's the same one you showed me)

Yup. A rimless reefer's curse, right Adam

Back