Clownfish size question

Eric_n_Ga

Reaction score
Looking at getting 2 clowns but I want them to be tiny . I'd rather not put any poop machines in my tank at all but , I'm married so . ... Going this weekend to get clown fish .

Is there any issues with these little tiny ones I see? Like maybe an inch long . Health wise or getting them to eat ? I figured they poop smaller ..lol. plus all my corals are small so I don't need anything being rough with them .

From what I've read they are pretty tough fish . Just wondering if there's anything to look out for?

No tiny clownfish are just as likely to survive as long as you dont already have some in there or pair them up weird like a marron with a ocellaris. Depending on where they were breed some like to eat pellet over frozen. Just make sure you have the right sized and theyll eat everything eventually.

Looking at getting 2 clowns but I want them to be tiny . I'd rather not put any poop machines in my tank at all but , I'm married so . ... Going this weekend to get clown fish .

Is there any issues with these little tiny ones I see? Like maybe an inch long . Health wise or getting them to eat ? I figured they poop smaller ..lol. plus all my corals are small so I don't need anything being rough with them .

From what I've read they are pretty tough fish . Just wondering if there's anything to look out for?
poop machines; that made me laugh!! thank you

Love mine...they host the craziest things. Mine have hosted power heads, palys, frogspawn and gongipora...I bought two small ones four years ago and still have them today. They grew into a mated pair (which happens naturally I hear) My female is a bully and even attacks my hands when I clean my tanks but they are cute, always out in the open, hardy, will eat anything and my kids think they are nemo... They are a bright and cheerful fish.

Shac does have a good selection of all the designer morphs....

Why do my clown fish just swim on their sides near the surface ? Are they broken ? They swim fine when they eat and if I stick my hand in the tank they swim fine . Then right back to the same spot ?? I have homeless clown fish :p15535686917268773519819816811130.jpg

Only since sat . They are just chilling . They were right in front of the power head , now just on the back wall in med flow .

Clowns will always "host" in something as they have a powerful need to do so. Right now your clowns are hosting that lil patch of film algae. It'll change every now and then :).

Back