Clownfish with gimp fin

cfrank84

Market
Reaction score
So i got a False percula from a LFS, a reputable sponsor on here from my understanding..

Maybe it was missed or overlooked or not even a big deal but I have since noticed that one of the fins on the belly is clamped/small (like Nemo)/missing...:eek: I cant exactly tell cuz it has the color as if it was a fin just clamped againt the body but also doesnt look like a fin is really even there ..is this a huge deal? i like the clown.. a lil goofy but still seems pretty active and eats well... does anyone have any insight? or should i try and exchange the clown?I am totally fine if he just has a fin disability but what if its an underlying issue of things worse to come

im still new and not quite sure what is just normal "not all fish are the same" and what is a serious issue

His name is pat.. after the SNL charater.. lol cuz i dont know if he is gonna be a boy or a girl.. he is sooo much bigger than the other clown i can only assume natural selection will make the lil one a boy.. *fingers crossed* anyway

what kind of disease(S) would i need to be worried about?

I wouldn't worry about it and wouldn't hold the store responsible for it. The clown seems healthy other than a gimpy fin, so either it will grow back (due to it being nipped) or it's an abnormality and he'll be just fine.

Maybe it's a new LE clownfish with uneven fins-ORA may pay you big bucks for it :)

Im glad to hear that i shouldnt be worried i really like "it"

and just in case anyone is interested....Ill be entertaining offers :p LOL

<P>

mine looks the same!!! im so glad she is be ok!! i really like you tank too!!

I was at Keen Reef the other day and saw the most beautiful goldstripe maroon *ive ever seen and considered getting rid of my ORA black and white misbar

Thats what Tim told me :-( so is it possible that the B&W would pair with the FP?

ive got a torch coral in mine and im hoping that it hosts.. i originally wanted to leave the B&W alone to see if it would host but my friends and family are all a bit over excited and i got taken to the LFS against my will so now im hoping 1 or both take a liking to it ... who am i to turn down free anything fish coral or otherwise lol here is my lil "guys" <P>
photo-2.jpg
alt="" />

yea since about an hour or so after she was put in they've been doing pretty much everything together id say 90% of the time

I also had a question i just remembered about some odd behavior..(cuz im sitting in front of the tank and saw her just do this.. ) sometimes she kinda spazzes out..she swims around really fast and then she swims towardsthe wall and it seems like she is rubbing her cheek against the wall of the tank.. is that typical goofy clownfish behavior?

the b&w is the one doing the following and goofy moving.. the other one is only swimming normally(for a clown) and every so often will kinda lunge at the B&W but she doesnt seem to hurt the B&W just scare it

Back