Clowns + Carpet Anemone = no joy?

rhodan

Market
Reaction score
I purchased a new Carpet Anemone just about week ago and my clowns are still not using it as a host. I thought the 3 clowns would latch on the anemone like it was like a homecoming but no joy. I know I cannot force it, (just like love :) ) but is there a way I can make the anemone more "enticing" to my perculas?

For about a week. 2 are new additions to my one juvenile I had. All 3 get along great...For now. I hope they get along forever.

a week is early! Just like everything else in this hobby, give it time.

See if you cant find a picture of clowns hosting in a carpet and tape it on the outside of the glass near the nem

If you decide to give up the carpet. I will be happy to take it for you.

LDYBKR;213324 wrote: If you decide to give up the carpet. I will be happy to take it for you.

I actually picked mine up from the PetCo for $24.99 ($39.99 - $15 PALS Card) and this thing is bigger than a softball.

DrNecropolis;213237 wrote: See if you cant find a picture of clowns hosting in a carpet and tape it on the outside of the glass near the nem

I've also heard you can get one of those veggie clips that look like a clownfish and put it next to the anenome.

And then sometimes they just won't host...

I picked an RBTA up for my pair of clowns it took them only about two weeks to start hosting the frogspawn after I put the RBTA in, and then the RBTA moved to the back of the tank and I can only see it looking straight down. Gotta love clown fish.

Well it happen!!! My clowns LOVE my carpet!!! I have never seen nothing like it. :D They are woddling all in there....It's great!! Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I actually took the suggestion to place a Clown Fish veggie clip next to it and I think that is what did it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Back