clowns not hosting BTA

mockery

Market
Reaction score
<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Ok so can it take a while for clowns to host BTA? Cause i have had this anemone</span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"></span></span><span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> for two months and my clown pair i have not hosted it. Could it be its placement or what?</span></span>

try what Alan did ... float a basket in your tank containing the anemone and the clowns... or get a small container, such as a critter keeper to insert into your tank and contain them for awhile.

Check
showthread.php

Mine won't host either, but I haven't tried very hard, honestly; the clowns have been in my tank over 2 years now-the nem's over 6 months---but I had someone tell me a semi-crazy sounding idea-tape a picture of a similar looking clown hosting in a similar looking anemone to the side of the tank-to me it sounds a little crazy, but people say it works; good luck-let us know what works! BTW what kind of clowns/nem do you have?

i've had two things work for me in the past. the first was to put one of those clownfish algae clips on the glass right beside the anemone. the other was to shine a flashlight down into the tank right on the 'nem over night.

My clown hosted in my LTA, it died, now i have 2 rbta's and they won't go near them... Happily hosting in my open brain!

The reality is they may never host. what kind of clown do you have? percs and oscillaris do not naturally host in a BTA

fancyfish;142805 wrote: The reality is they may never host. what kind of clown do you have? percs and oscillaris do not naturally host in a BTA

I really used to think this too. But I have learned that the basket trick usually works. I would try it.

This topic is coming up a lot lately. I know mine don't roll around in my BTA, but I haven't really tried either.

Not sure, but I think the tank raised clowns won't host in the BTA. Wild ones always do. I guess the tank raised just don't know.

I have tank raised false percs, they host in a GBTA. Well, I should say the long term resident hosts...I just put the other in one in this week but he goes where ever she goes. Prior to the GBTA, she tortured a nice colony of palys.

Thats great news. I just heard they would not. I have a wild pair thats been with me for over 3 yrs now. They host back and forth between 2 RBTA's.

Back