co2 needle vale

rostato

Market
Reaction score
I need a better needle valve for my co2 reactor. I went to check my co2 bubble count today and somehow in two days it went from 60 BPM all the way to 0 BPM.

What is a good brand to go with?

I am thinking of changing that whole regulator set up sinceI have the cheapo full set up from aqua buys, and one of gauges is broken, the solenoid only works when it wants to, and the needle valve BLOWS!

So again, whay have you guys and gals had success with? I really want to be able to set this thing and forget it, but I have to tinker with the needle valve way to much.

We've had really good results with the JBJ regulators.

a>

Good to know. I was looking at those. I read a few bad reviews, but every product has made someone mad at some point...

Any other suggestions?

I recently switch to a jbj regulator from a milwaukee. The milwaukee quit working after a little over a year. The jbj one has been money so far.

Thats the brand I have miluakee. I couldnt remember. It sucks! I guess the JBJ will be on my shopping list.

Yah... it seems that a lot of people have long term issues with it. I can't say jbj is any better at this point. Only time will tell.

I will say that the jbj was easier to setup and you can't blow out the second gauge like with the milwaukee.

Where is the check valve on the miluakee? I didnt see on on it. Otherwise I am not using an external one...

Maybe, I guess when I get the JBJ solenoid I will get a check valve too. Man some of those things are expensive...$40 for a check valve cheez!

Your needle valve should have nothing to do with your bubble count going to 0. They are just adjustable holes. The only way your needle valve could be involved is if it got clogged. Check the valve for clogs.

Check your CO2 tank and make sure it still has gas in it. If not that, check you solenoid and the pressure coming from the tank to the reactor, assuming you have a single stage, dual gauge regulator.

Needle valves don't close themselves. Look at the CO2 tank or the regulator/solenoid for the source of the problem, unless you have a clog in the needle valve.
Dave

rostato;319000 wrote: I need a better needle valve for my co2 reactor. I went to check my co2 bubble count today and somehow in two days it went from 60 BPM all the way to 0 BPM.

What is a good brand to go with?

I am thinking of changing that whole regulator set up sinceI have the cheapo full set up from aqua buys, and one of gauges is broken, the solenoid only works when it wants to, and the needle valve BLOWS!

So again, whay have you guys and gals had success with? I really want to be able to set this thing and forget it, but I have to tinker with the needle valve way to much.

FutureInterest;319089 wrote: Yah... it seems that a lot of people have long term issues with it. I can't say jbj is any better at this point. Only time will tell.

I will say that the jbj was easier to setup and you can't blow out the second gauge like with the milwaukee.

I'm using a JBJ on my Ca reactor right now. Doing the job well so far.
Dave

it's working fine now, I just had to open it more. It super sensative, I don't know what else it could be. It's still working...

Any little piece of crud could have stopped it up. You probably blew it through when you opened it up more.
Dave

ok, if it does it again I will do that. Thanks! I am new to the whole calcium reactor thing, so all info is appreciated.

Back