CO2 Scrubber Benefits

snarky shark

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with CO2 Scrubber? I am awaiting one to hopefully help stabilize ph. Thought I could with Kalk but the ph still starting lower than I would like. 7.8 but sometimes down to 7.6. Brs had one that seemed straight forward enough and reasonable to give it a try. I asks an changing my salt as reef crystals when fresh mixed was only showing 7.8 ph to start. I know that can't help.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Been using it for over a year. It’s works great but the media gets expensive. I have my setup as a loop (media lasts longer) and even then I have to replace it every 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same one an it does work, I use to have ph around 7.6 to 7.8 now it hovers around 8.3. but like Ishin037 said the media is expensive.

I have the same one an it does work, I use to have ph around 7.6 to 7.8 now it hovers around 8.3. but like Ishin037 said the media is expensive.

Whoa! That’s a big jump! Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to run the BRS one and it works, media is expensive and does not last that long. And I always had to check to make sure there was enough moisture or it would not work. Running a closed loop would have been better.

I honestly don't think I would run it any other way than closed loop. The media is just too expensive.
The problem is most skimmers aren't designed to easily run that way and will take some modification and will need a skimmate locker.

Back