Codename Hollywood Stunner

walterp1982

Market
Reaction score
So this was sold to me as a stunner, and indeed looks like a stunner. It has the characteristic fast growth, and in my aquarium has morphed from a more textured appearance, to a smoother one.

I've had stunner before, and what baffles me is that this thing has no sweeper/feeder tentacles at all, and I've watched it all hours of the night.

Any thoughts?
087406148f2f8f70c1992a0329040939.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It has the sweepers, it just may not be sweeping when you're watching.

I had one too - a huge one... like 24" across and I never saw the sweepers on it.

Jenn

Thanks Jenn, I do believe it's a stunner, it just doesn't feel the need to sweep I guess. My last one would sweep every night at midnight

Is it possible that they only "sweep" when it detects another coral that is too close?

Have you tried feeding it? He may not want to waste the energy sweeping if there is nothing to sweep

The sweepers on mine only come out late at night or when something gets stirred up like when I vacuum the sand. Check it during the wee hours of the morning.

I've observed it for months, at every hour of the day, on several occasions. I don't have a normal sleep schedule. It just doesn't sweep.

I spot feed my corals once a week a rotating cocktail of planktonic and meaty foods, and it still doesn't coax them out.

This particular morph is either incapable of sweeping, or doesn't care to, perhaps as Schwaggs suggested. I think I will test the theory.

If after a few months I have a stunner that won't even sting neighboring corals, I may have a highly marketable morph!

Back