Colt Coral Frag...not Doing So Good..help!

basscyn

Market
Reaction score
So I got this sweet Colt coral from Daveatl. I glued it to a rock...but its going limp. I contacted Dave and he said all is well for a few days unless it begins to disintegrating

I think its disintegrating. I was gonna send post directly to Dave but I cant PM a pic. So I though I would just post it.

Do I let it go or cut it off and re-attach it. It seems to be separating where it was bent over.

Thanks!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
194439=11705-DSC04169.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
194439=11705-DSC04169.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC04169.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

maybe an adverse reaction to the glue? I have never had a colt so I couldnt tell you :(

The top seems to be doing well. Even moving up toward the light.

The stalk just isnt supportive.

I really just want to whack it off and re-attach...but I dont want to kill it.

glue usually wont work on softies. You're better off using a rubber band or trapping it between rocks.

Sometimes colt corals will deflate and look sad..it's normal. Your coral looks like the stalk is disentegrating though.

william1: can you expound upon the toothpick method
basscyn: my kenya tree looked sad like that but then i squirted a little iodine around it with a pipette and then it perked back up. It does look like it's disintegrating though so I dunno if that'll help, just a suggestion though, can't hurt :)

I take a plastic toothpick break it in half glue it straight up on a piece of rubble or plug. Take the stalk of the colt stick it on to the toothpick going right threw the stalk then I put a piece of adhesive reef safe epoxy into a little ball and place it over the tip of the toothpick so the colt wont slide off. There are some youtube videos on the toothpick method.

I dont know much about it, but I would say cut the stalk above where it is looking bad and try and reattach it with ether a tooth pick or just rubber band it to a piece of rubble.

Back