Company for copper banded butterfly

sarahh

Market
Reaction score
Quick q. My butterfly is 1 week into the 75 setup ( LR, corals, big rbta, black clown 2 inch, yellow damsel small, bi color basslet and random peaceful damsel). He seems to be having trouble settling in. None of the fish harass him, tank parameters are almost perfect; salinity is 1.024, only thing not ideal is nitrate, which barely registers over 0)
His main problem is rapid back and forth swimming in a corner of the tank. He came from a lfs, and was in a tiny little display tank, and hid in the back. He's kinda weaving to and fro.
I have seen him eating, and his spot is near the other fish.. What would y'all do? He's about 4 inches, does he need someone his size to hang out with? would a tang be a good choice? I have googled a few things but the info seems a little sketchy and varies a lot. Does anyone have personal experience with them? I am aware that the basslet is not a good choice for this tank, but he was a last minute rescue (in a jug, headed for the toilet) and since adding him just before the butterfly, he has not bothered anyone.. Apart from getting a little too close to the nem and having his little butt handed to him.
Anyhow, ideas? I did move to Wv, for those who remember, but there's not really a good online forum up here, and y'all have been awesome thus far :)

I didn have good luck with mine but im gonna retry it after I get more research done....Eddie, I see you brought the orange shoulder tang home lol

Holley123;743082 wrote: I didn have good luck with mine but im gonna retry it after I get more research done....Eddie, I see you brought the orange shoulder tang home lol

Heck ya i did looking great to

Holley123;743221 wrote: Good stuff... How's the scolly? And do any of Yalls cbb eat aptasia?
Scolly is looking great, mine hasnt touvhed any of the aptasia just yet.

He hasnt touched any aptasia yet, probably because I have been trying to make sure he'll eat in my tank and have offered blood worms and shrimp :) I spoke to a fella knowledgable in these things, and he said there was probably a stress factor and just give him time before adding new fish. It will be interesting to see if he does :)

Well I have a mild aptasia problem and I was wanting to get rid of it before it became a bad problem. I would prefer the natural way because I don't like chemicals. Any ideas?

If you don't have coral, then a filefish is supposed to be good, but they aren't reef safe. Peppermint shrimp are good. And if you can get hold of a berghia nudibranch, they are awesome. But almost impossible to order due to shipping costs and availability :)

Back