Contemplating my next coral purchases

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Here’s a shot of my tank before i do maintenance this morning. I can’t stop going to LFS’s it’s become my Saturday morning go to activity. I’m satisfied with my current fish and inverts and don’t think that I will be making any additions there but I’m going to cram this guy full of coral. I currently have a handful of zoa’s, a Gorgonian, and 2 sets of candy canes (Kryptonite & blue), my question is what are some of them more peaceful eye catching LPS corals? I’m hoping to purchase some with not so much risk in regards to sweeping tentacles or weed like affects in the softies variety

Attachments

• 526DEBC2-2296-4BEE-986B-B646AB99B1E6.jpeg
    526DEBC2-2296-4BEE-986B-B646AB99B1E6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
I personally love zoas. So many different colors etc.. and they dont break the bank. I do have a soft spot for lobo brains and fat headed dendros. Acans are also nice and you can find a huge variety of colors

Favia's are a hardy LPS species that encrust. They come in a range of colors but the standard is red/green. Generally they're considered a lower light coral but the do pretty well in a range of lighting and tank conditions. The pics below represent 2 different corals that I have and they both have survived my "down years" in the hobby of poor tank maintenance practices. I didn't specifically feed my tank coral food for a year or two and both of these did really well.

Here's what I thought was a platygyra but appears to be an "ectoplasm" favia. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the heck it is but you get the idea.
platygyra.jpg

Here's a more traditional favia frag that you can expect to find pretty easily at a good price.
IMG_20191105_155335 (2).jpg

Favia's are a hardy LPS species that encrust. They come in a range of colors but the standard is red/green. Generally they're considered a lower light coral but the do pretty well in a range of lighting and tank conditions. The pics below represent 2 different corals that I have and they both have survived my "down years" in the hobby of poor tank maintenance practices. I didn't specifically feed my tank coral food for a year or two and both of these did really well.

Here's what I thought was a platygyra but appears to be an "ectoplasm" favia. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the heck it is but you get the idea.
View attachment 13407

Here's a more traditional favia frag that you can expect to find pretty easily at a good price.
View attachment 13408
Those are nice bro

Back