Continuous water change storing water

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I just ordered 2 litermeter pumps to do a continuous water change. I plan to make enough water for a week. I know I don't have to heat the water but do I need to continue mixing the water all week, maybe throw a bubbler in, or I am good just letting it sit in its container? I am using salinity by aquavitro if it matters.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I would think that you would want it to occasionally mix. Maybe toss a PH in there and run it on a timer a couple times a day....?

Probably just run the PH once a day right before your daily wc happens and you'd be fine (no reason to mix it any other time really).

I would somewhat disagree with that, you want to keep it oxygenated.

ghbrewer;993022 wrote: I would somewhat disagree with that, you want to keep it oxygenated.
Meh if your doing a small 1% daily wc you really think that 1% of new water being devoid of oxygen will really matter?

Maybe not, but if you need to do a larger water change at any time, wouldn't it be easier to just have it ready to go? Your not talking about all that much power.

I don't use any type if stirring in the 32 gallon brute I keep my AWC water in, and I've had no issues since startup. I do a 1% daily.

I have a separate 160 gallon new SW tank with a Pan World pump plumbed into, that when I am making a new batch of SW, I run continuously for a day or so until I get the SG correct, then I run the pump for 5 minutes every three hours just to keep it stirred while I use it up over the next three weeks or so. I see no reason to spend the money on running a pump on new SW 24/7 other than when you are first mixing it.

But, you certainly not hurting anything if that is what you choose to do.

Acroholic;993052 wrote: I don't use any type if stirring in the 32 gallon brute I keep my AWC water in, and I've had no issues since startup. I do a 1% daily.

I have a separate 160 gallon new SW tank with a Pan World pump plumbed into, that when I am making a new batch of SW, I run continuously for a day or so until I get the SG correct, then I run the pump for 5 minutes every three hours just to keep it stirred while I use it up over the next three weeks or so. I see no reason to spend the money on running a pump on new SW 24/7 other than when you are first mixing it.

But, you certainly not hurting anything if that is what you choose to do.

I am probably going to do the same. I like the the idea of keeping some water mixed and heated just in case. But won't have it continuously mixing. Having a newborn has made me lax in completing my water changes and figure having continuous water changes will make it easier to stay on top of it. Many thanks for everyone's replies.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't heat it if you don't have to. You get massive precip of trace elements among other things on heaters and pumps in a SW mix container.

Back