Control

IronCityRockers

Supporting
Reaction score
I am looking into a control system this year. Is the Apex and Trident the best way to go? I am not seeing a lot of information on any other system. I looked into the Hydros but they don't monitor a lot of parameters.

Love my Hydros. What parameter you want that it does not provide? You can hook a Alkatronic up to it and monitor everything.

Love my Hydros. What parameter you want that it does not provide? You can hook a Alkatronic up to it and monitor everything.
I contacted Hydros and the person I spoke with said they don’t have anyway to monitor things like calcium, alkaline, phosphates, ph. I want to monitor basically the parameters for a mixed reef tank.

What all do you want to do with it? Love my apex, but I wouldnt touch a trident with a 10ft pole. If you want to monitor parameters I love my mastertronic tester. If you want to control alk Id go with an alkatronic or KH guardian.

Hydros X4 has probe inputs for PH and ORP. The new X10 coming out will basically be an X4 with 4 dose pumps built in and a salinity probe port so they are getting there.

What testing systems work with Apex besides Trident. Seeing a lot of bad reviews on Trident.

Back