controller question

cment

Market
Reaction score
Ok...this all started bc I have a couple dosing pumps from BRS that needed a timer. I was looking around and just dont feel comfortable enough with the reliability of the current digital timers so thought about buying a used RKL for $70...it comes with the head unit, controller, PC4 and temp probe. Im not really looking to drop $220-500 for a controller right now so Im looking for your opinions if this would be a wise choice or should I just get 2 of the old school timers for the pumps? I will admit, I have very little knowledge of any controllers such as the RK or Apex and find it all a little confusing so any insight is appreciated....

cment;926852 wrote: Ok...this all started bc I have a couple dosing pumps from BRS that needed a timer. I was looking around and just dont feel comfortable enough with the reliability of the current digital timers so thought about buying a used RKL for $70...it comes with the head unit, controller, PC4 and temp probe. Im not really looking to drop $220-500 for a controller right now so Im looking for your opinions if this would be a wise choice or should I just get 2 of the old school timers for the pumps? I will admit, I have very little knowledge of any controllers such as the RK or Apex and find it all a little confusing so any insight is appreciated....

Buy the RKL system, that is a steal at $70. You'd pay $30-$40 for a couple digital timers, and you can do a lot more with the RKL than just the dosing pumps. Also, you can sell the RKL system anytime for what you paid for it.

And that's exactly what I was thinking, that if a couple of timers would cost 40 than why not spend the few dollars more for the RKL....thanks for input Dave.

Back