Controllers??

Reefplumber13

Market
Reaction score
What's better and why? What can one do the other cant?
Apex vs reef keeper?
The full version of both, and go.. only post if you use or have used one or both.

Apex has the new fusion that allows you to control through your phone and online.

Apex and don't look back. If your looking for something to just do a few automated options with expensive timers with temp gauge and Ph probe then I would get a ReefKeeper. If your investing in a long term solid, strong programming platform that allows many mods and options you may not realize you will need or want in the future then Apex all the way. I cant speak for Reef Angel however, I have heard good things.

It depends on what you ultimately want to add to it. I choose the full version and added Pm 2. I then use my 2nd ph and temp probes for my water change station. Also a big reason I choose the full version was the ability to add my 4 wp25s to my apex via a reef angel cable. It allows me to fully control them and mimic the expensive vortechs ect in reef modes, flush, storm, night ect. Those two channels could also be used to fully control apex ready lighting as well. So it saves some money down the road to get the full version if you plan a lot if add ons.

And having fusion for programming your lights and pumps are just moving a graph up down for the amount power up and down based on the time of day.

This question has been asked by many on this site including myself (in thought).
Do a search for tons of info, a lot is within the last year.
If you google you would find a lot of info too.
After reading, I went with the full Apex.

Camellia;966936 wrote: This question has been asked by many on this site including myself (in thought).
Do a search for tons of info, a lot is within the last year.
If you google you would find a lot of info too.
After reading, I went with the full Apex.
I've been looking for a while. Was wanting more info from people that have had there hands on the unit. You know what I mean

Can only say apex so many times :)

Only reason to look elsewhere is budget and even that is negligible when you factor in upgrades for other systems
To get apples to apples.

I am happy wife my Reef Angel +, the built in wizard takes care of all the basic stuff and the forum is active for some of the more advanced stuff.

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91036">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91036</a>

My earlier thread on same dubject

tonymission;966971 wrote: Can only say apex so many times :)

Only reason to look elsewhere is budget and even that is negligible when you factor in upgrades for other systems
To get apples to apples.
Have you had any other controller?

No, but I know plenty that have. They've bought cheaper and then end up having to buy all the modules just for the functionality they're looking for.
Not to mention apex fusion makes pump and light programming ridiculously easy. I know the lower end products won't let me program my vortechs this way. All I need to know.

I spent a lot of time researching before my purchase (actually bought a second one) and this market seems to not have much consumer disagreement. Apex isn't even the highest end controller but most would agree it provides the best value.

IOW -- I don't know anyone that has sold an apex to buy a reef keeper ...

tonymission;967021 wrote: No, but I know plenty that have. They've bought cheaper and then end up having to buy all the modules just for the functionality they're looking for.
Not to mention apex fusion makes pump and light programming ridiculously easy. I know the lower end products won't let me program my vortechs this way. All I need to know.

I spent a lot of time researching before my purchase (actually bought a second one) and this market seems to not have much consumer disagreement. Apex isn't even the highest end controller but most would agree it provides the best value.

What's the highest end

tonymission;967021 wrote: No, but I know plenty that have. They've bought cheaper and then end up having to buy all the modules just for the functionality they're looking for.

Really wanting to hear for someone who has had them both
tonymission;967023 wrote: Ghl profilux

Back