cool new product for the lazy reefer

picoreefguy

Market
Reaction score
ive always dreamed of making some sort of self cleaning filteration system. while this isnt exactly that it is a huge step in the right direction. rather than being self cleaning it is kind of like a self replacing filter sock. check out the theiling rollermat
watch

I remember seeing that a couple of years ago. I prefer filter socks. They take minimal effort to remove. Don't feel like washing them? Toss them and replace with new. Easy peasy. I don't find it difficult to run the washer, so I clean and reuse mine.

Skriz;984194 wrote: I remember seeing that a couple of years ago. I prefer filter socks. They take minimal effort to remove. Don't feel like washing them? Toss them and replace with new. Easy peasy. I don't find it difficult to run the washer, so I clean and reuse mine.

i already use filter socks and clean them in batches so its easy enough but this would be even easier. only having to change out a spool of filter paper once every six months... i mean come on isnt that the dream lol

EDIT: and you have to remember, i'm lazier than the average bear

eh Ill just vacuum my sump out twice a year like I do now and let millions of feather dusters do the rest.

i put powerheads in my sump and change my socks every day or two.works for me i have no crap sitting in the bottom anywhere.

gacolt;984264 wrote: i put powerheads in my sump and change my socks every day or two.works for me i have no crap sitting in the bottom anywhere.

Every day or two? That's crazy.

Allen;984271 wrote: I haven't tested my water in my 20g mixed reef in 3 months. Is that lazy or...?

Lots of folks can detect if there's a problem that requires testing once the tank is dialed in. Testing every so often is just a precaution

Easy is good.... I change my water every weekend.... 20% at least..... I wish I could go longer! I am fascinated by people who have auto water change systems..... I saw one once that was tied to someone's Apex.... I think it was on reef central

Back