Cooling Fans

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
I'm looking to install some type of cooling fan in my canopy. What would you all recommend?

How large is the tank/canopy, I've used computer fans in one of my tanks once upon a time.

I just installed the following fans in my canopy. I use them in my home entertainment center also. Low RPM and they move alot of air. I think its 70 cubic feet per fan.

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-SickleFlow-120-Radiators/dp/B0026ZPFCK<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

Then I bought a molex to 120v adapter and thats all she wrote.

<!-- gcu-updated ame -->http://www.amazon.com/Coolerguys-100-240v-Molex-Power-Adapter/dp/B000MGG6SC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1450389941&sr=1-1&keywords=molex+to+power<!-- gcu-updated /ame -->

if you have a dead computer laying around you can use the cooling fans from that or you can buy one from one of our lfs that has the temperature speed control built in.
I think coralife is the one I have with a sensor, the hotter it gets the faster it spins.

I also used a pc fan when I was using MH. Theyre cheap, easy to wire, and come in a lot of sizes. Just be prepared for the extra top offs due to the evaporation

dball711;1063912 wrote: How large is the tank/canopy, I've used computer fans in one of my tanks once upon a time.

48"×24"15"tall

Thanks for the response guys. I have an old coralife fixture with a fan in it, Could take ot out, But the light works.But its an CF.

A clip on fan over the sump can work wonders too. It will increase your evaporation rate - but that's what it is, evaporative cooling.

Jenn

I got these fans to install in canopy. Now I need power supply (12v dc) And PWM controller since they are pwm fans.I hope someone can tell me the best way to hook them up.I dont think its going to be a plug n play.

Are you running an apex? I run my three fans like these off one molex power supply and then set them On a timer to come on and off based on T5 lights and temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkostuch;1064576 wrote: Are you running an apex? I run my three fans like these off one molex power supply and then set them On a timer to come on and off based on T5 lights and temperature.

No, I'm old school. Use a RKL.

Can't help there , but if you need the power supply for them I have the link listed above.

Back