copperband butterfly

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
what are your experiences with a copperband? i am thinking about picking one up from saltwater city tommorow if it is eating. how hard are they to take care of if you can get them to eat PE mysis.

PE mysis should not be their main source of diet. These fish are as hard to keep as everyone says. I go out of my way to feed it everything I can and to cultivate aptasia for it. Aldo be cautious what fish you have in your tank already....I had to get rid of my yellow tang in order to keep one....and the one I currently have is my 3rd. Make sure you "SEE" him eat...don't get one that "may" be eating....if that's the case, it'd be better to try to pick one up from a fellow reefer who is selling one.

what do you feed yours? i have a yellow tang and a coral beauty in my tank.

be careful they are known to pick on clams, not sure if you have any but one of my fav fish i just dont have a tank large enough to house one. well i guess i could settup my 180 lol

i have no clams, i plan on keeping sps, softies, ricordias, and zoanthids.

Mine never touched my clams, had three in the tank....though this doesn't mean that others wont. I feed mine PE mysis, brine, mysis, rods food (which has A LOT of stuff in it) And now I'm feeding it aptasia and feather dusters....more aptasia though, easier to grow. Those later two are a huge part of it's natural diet and will help the longevity of this fish in captivity.....at least that's what I believe.

If you do end up going with it....get ready to rid of either that fish or the yellow.....ooh hopefully they will get along....but mine never did.

if they are that hard to keep i just wont get it, know of any colorful hardy fish like the copperband?

Not only are they difficult to keep, your YT will sure kill it within a few days.

Back