copperbanned butterfly

yong269

Reaction score
I had one for about a month and this morning I found it dead... Was doing fine last night and this morning dead... it was getting along with all my fish... didn't really see it eat much but was picking at stuff in rocks... I wonder if it starved to death.. feeding all kinds of fish food and articpods... anyone have this fish? What do you guys feed them? I've tried live brine shrimp also... any tips on keeping this fish? I plan to get another one... love this fish...
thanks

The key to their survival is to get them to eat prepared or frozen foods. Since yours didn't, it likely starved to death. They are basically hit or miss, and mostly miss. They're beautiful but I would recommend you get another equally beautiful fish that has a better chance of adapting to captivity...

dawgdude;69028 wrote: Is there really a good butterfly for a reef tank?

The yellow pyramid butterfly is a great choice for a reef tank. I have some in my tank - they never bother anything, eat all varieties of frozen and flake food, and get along with all other fish. Liveaquaria.com occasionally has them for sale; that's where I got mine. When they have them available they are seldom in stock for more than a day or two; I signed up to be notified via email when they were in stock and finally was able to get them.

prod_display.cfm

Back