coral allelopathy?

linda lee

Market
Reaction score
This terminology was mentioned briefly in another thread, but there was no discussion (the thread was actually about lighting).

I've never seen this discussed before and was wondering if someone had a link to a thread that may have contained a discussion on coral allelopathy, dated before June 2007?

Coral allelopathy was mentioned in the lighting thread in conjunction with mushrooms and that 'shrooms might be *risky.*

I love 'shrooms and tend to collect different kinds. Now I'm worried that I may have put my tank @ risk??

I'll be setting up a 90g soon and will be moving most of my livestock there. I'd love some some guidance. I don't want to create a potential disaster in my new tank. :(

I've done some web-searching, but this term (coral allelopathy) seems to give me a lot of hits for sites that read like medical journals. The context is way above my head.

Just a link or two with info in layman's terms would be great.

Thanks!

Here's the wikipedia entry -
a>

that's the risk mixing leathers with lps/sps, you get a coral war going on, although seeing direct damage is usually limited to corals almost touching, most folks have really good skimmers now, I rarely see people using things like a prism or seaclone anymore

Back