Coral Banded Shrimp Problem... Solved?

dave green

Market
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen.... welcome to the main event!

Those who know the history of my tank know that it and two of the inhabitants (the CBS and the clown) were moved from an existing tank downtown...

We didn't have the problem of the CBS nipping fish down there... but there was a difference...

There was another CBS keeping it occupied!

No... I didn't go buy another CBS... the store didn't have any that were nearly the same size as my present one...

but it DID have a big ol' ghost shrimp!!!

If these two can keep each other worn out (and clawless) enough so that they're fighting each other all the time and not going after the fish, then Mission Accomplshed!!!

LLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUM-BUUUULLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh where's my web cam????

(do I need to get a #7 jersey now?)

It's been tried.... he's too fast and too wary of me... and I really don't want to have to dismantle the whole tank to get at him.

OOOH! CBS just nipped at one of the new fish.... HE IS *SO* DEAD!!!!!

if you have no other shrimps or inverts get a trigger there goes the shrimp.

annce, I almost did that today... except it would have been a long-nosed hawkfish! I'm just in love with all the other inverts!

Thanks, though

I'm baby sitting Oulings CBS, and its really quite tame. It lets you pet it and feed it mysis by hand. It also seems dee dee dee though so that might be why...

dee dee dee??? (I'm gonna need a factoid on that one)

Round one has been fought... I think the CBS has decided he wants no part of the ghost. The ghost had control of the CBS claw arms.

After he let it go (D'OH!), the CBS retreated back a bit... and then the manager threw a chair in the ring... (wait a minute - got out of control for a second)... I chased it into its hiding spot with the black sraper stick.

Stay tuned folks for more Shrimp Champion Tail-Kicking!

one day i will just starve the thing and then stick my hand in there with some food and bam he gets it. then just toss him in your sump so that someone can pick him up.

I now have a picture of "bea" and "elle."

Elle is still evil, lashing out at everything while maintaining guard against Bea...

I may have to get photoshop on this and play with it some.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
88961=5597-beaandelle.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
88961=5597-beaandelle.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="beaandelle.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Let me know if there is ever an Ultimate Invert: Cage Match with a Mantis on Pay per View.

Don't forget the Xience endorsment........ That's where the real money is at.

My Bad David, I really am trying to get up there, but things don't seem to be working out, but if I do get a chance I'll call you.

As for Fighting Shrimp, I got a second Mantis, he is a ltl smaller than my present one, but I think he is a little more aggressive, when I swing by the side of the tank to look at him, he Flares up in defense, my other one is actually more inviting, even when I approached him with a stick, he comes and starts feeling on it, after he saw it was solid then he finally tried to see if it could crack, and when that didn't work, he did nothing.

One of my Damsels has what seems to be a bruis on it's side, so I am assuming he is more aggresive even though he is smaller, the first one is a traitor to it's own DNA, he doesn't attack fish.............
I was almost tempted to stick my finger in ther, but I think I'll pass on that.

Hey, I have caught errant fish and crabs with a simple procedure, it just takes patience.

1) Get a shrimp from your local grocery store, frozed/fresh/whatever.
2) Get some fishing line, a small weight, and a large net.
3) Attach the weight and shrimp (bait) to the end of the fishing line.
4) Place the net in the water and let it sit there for about 30 minutes.
5) Grab end of net and lower the bait into the water near the evil doer.
6) Let the shrimp grab hold tight and slowly pull toward you. If they pull away, that is fine.
7) If possible, entice the shrimp over SAND and off of the LR.
8) Lower bait to shrimp. Pull back so that the bait and shrimp are dangling from the line.
9) Scoop up with the net.

This has worked several times for me. It reminds me of crabbing off Isle of Palms growing up....oh nostalgia....

hmmm....

me LIKE that idea...

The shrimp stays on the LR and I may get a cleaner shrimp with it, but if I have a bucket of water ready to put the net into after scooping them out, then I can let them out of the net and then get the one I wanna keep back in there!

OH! I'm gonna try that on Sunday!

Dakota;88987 wrote: Let me know if there is ever an Ultimate Invert: Cage Match with a Mantis on Pay per View.

That's a beautiful idea!!!

Maybe just a few folks over at the salon with some beers so we can watch it LIVE!!!!!

LOL, I have a contender, actually I have two Mantis, but I think the smaller Mantis is the "Iron Mike Zambidis" of the two........................

If you don't know who Iron Mike Zambidis is, check this Video out, it is long but well worth the 7 mins, trust me:

watch

This may have worked.... no new nip marks on any of the fish, and it appears that the CBS has accepted the fact that he doesn't own the tank....

not ready to call it solved yet, but keeping my eye on it.

In case you still haven't been told of the "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia">DEE DEE DEE</a>"

[IMG]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia"></a>
A staple of his material is diatribes denouncing the actions of people he considers to be stupid, often using his trademark [B]&#8220;[I]DEE-Dee-dee</em>!&#8221;[/B] He has stated that the phrase does not refer to people &#8220;who were born retarded,&#8221; but rather people &#8220;who were born, and are now retarded.&#8221;

Thanks for the factoid, Kimberly!!!

So where does DEE-Dee-dee fit on the scale of D'OH!, Doi! and Crackhead?

<span style="font-family: verdana;"><span style="font-size: 11px;"><span style="color: #000000;">Dee Dee Dee!</span></span></span>http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS">[IMG]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_24.gif" alt="" /></a>
LOL! No problem!

[IMG]http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7920">[IMG]http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS" alt="" /></a>

Back