coral beauty question

tpate77

Market
Reaction score
I have looked up past questions about this but I got a quick one here. My new coral bueaty has been in the tank for a week now it is eating but stays in the rocks all the time do they not come out much or what is going on added yellow tang and CB at the same time only had two clowns in before these two.Tang is loving life clowns are as well CB just stays in same two spots both under over hangs of rocks or in cave. Is there something I can do or it is what it is strange.

It can take some fish a long to adjust. Also, angelfish eat off the rocks mostly and will spend most their time in the rocks.

I have a coral beauty as well. It hid in the rocks for week or so but now it swims all around the tank. Mine loves to eat. Entice it with some food and maybe it will come out more often. Like Shrimpy Brains said, they do like to nip off of and stay around the rocks. Give him another week and I bet he will be a lot more active.

Hey Thad , I know you say mine out the other day when you were over but it's only recently started being more social and it still hides any time I open the canopy, I think there just jumpy fish but it will get more comfortable in time

Give it time. Once it becomes comfortable it will become a bully :) They are generally OK around corals but some will nip on fleshy corals like open brains, so keep an eye open for that.

Jenn

rk4435;1027746 wrote: Yup to the nipping, I may have to ditch my Coral Beauty.
Try feeding her more often and see if that helps first.
Mine only went after gorgonia once I took then all out she's behaved well , I have lps and sps she looks at neither.

Back