Coral Beauty

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
I bought a coral beauty for the fowlr tank we wanted but have since decided to put on hold. Its been in my40 gallon Breeder tank for months with a juvenile sailfin tang. Thinking of moving them to the DT. Coral safe or not or does it just depend on the individual?

Lol oh ok. Well what do you think, should I give it a try? I have a nice peaceful, but small, group of fish right now.

You won't know until you try. I read that they are one of the more likely angels to be reef safe, they are for many people, but for some they're not. Only one i had didn't make it through quarantine.

Mines been in quarantine for months but no longer in the copper tank. Maybe I’ll try to catch them now in the dark and throw them in there since they’re all in their sleep spots in the DT

I've only had one, but he was reef safe and never messed with anything. IMO worth it to try, they're amazing fish!

Mine is reef safe.
He bullies the red firefish but leaves the purple one alone.
Other than that he's cool...gets cleaned regularly by the shrimp.

I debated this for a while, bought one, then pulled it out of the display after a month. He never went after anything, but I started thinking, is it really worth it? I had just bought a $60 zoa and realized soon my tank would be filled with pricey coral. If I happened to skip feeding or needed to go lean for a while, I did not want the risk of losing the coral. These angels can be completely fine for months and then it gets hungry...

I debated this for a while, bought one, then pulled it out of the display after a month. He never went after anything, but I started thinking, is it really worth it? I had just bought a $60 zoa and realized soon my tank would be filled with pricey coral. If I happened to skip feeding or needed to go lean for a while, I did not want the risk of losing the coral. These angels can be completely fine for months and then it gets hungry...
I have a filefish in a trap right now that won’t eat my aptasia but loves my zoas. Damn thing. Someone wanted him but now they don’t so not sure what I’ll do with it

Post it for sale!
Who wants to buy a file fish that is lazy, won’t touch aptasia and eats zoas? LOL. It’s already listed for sale in the Livestock for Sale forum.
I have a dr appt in Sandy Springs today and can pass right by The Fish Store. Think I’ll take it there and trade it for some peppermint shrimp!

My guess is he would possibly eat aiptasia in another tank, maybe more SPS without Zoas, especially one not fed heavily. Mine tears up the food in the tank he's in now, and aiptasia diminishes slowly, but when I had him in a coral only tank that didn't get fed he tore through the aiptasia like lightning.

Thanks Steve. I traded him at The Fish Store for 3 peppermint shrimp but put them into the 40 breeder where they promptly completely disappeared after the sailfin showed who’s boss in there. Haven’t seen them since we moved them after drop acclimation.
Just started dosing ATI Essentials Pro and my alkalinity isn’t stable now so didn’t want to put them in there yet. As it is my hammer isn’t happy but my SPS is coming back from the dead. Can’t please everyone lol.

I would try it. Coral beautys are one of the least risky dwarf angels. Theyre not like bicolors or lemons. They for sure wont bother leathers

Back