Coral Dip

sucio_reefer

Market
Reaction score
I was wondering what suggestion any or every member had for corsl dips. I know of Coral X but never used it nor any other product myself. Before I grabbed any I wanted to see what people's experience with dips have been.

Bayer advanced insect killer. Google it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how zoas and LPS would do with Bayer, it's a pretty harsh dip.

I do mainly use Coral Rx with zoas and it will get a lot of.

HiImSean;1002561 wrote: I'm not sure how zoas and LPS would do with Bayer, it's a pretty harsh dip.

I do mainly use Coral Rx with zoas and it will get a lot of.

Why do you think it's a harsh dip?

I don't feel it is at all. I've dipped tons of zoas, full Wild acro colonies for 30 minutes, expensive scolys. Everyone has came out looking and acting like they just got the first shower of their life. How happy would you be?? Lol

I used to use Coral RX and let's just say not everyone is super happy for that bath. :)

When I dipped SPS in Coral Rx things perked up pretty quickly, it was the opposite with my Bayer experiences. I had a lot more dead critters also with a Bayer dip than Coral Rx.

FWIW, bayer will demolish some AEFW :up::up:

Before I say this. I do not recommend this. Please reread that statement again. This was an experiment on accidental broken colony frags and frags from others that had aefw and or redbugs. I repeat again. Do not do this because I did this as an experiment.

I have dipped acros in 100% Bayer. Straight out of the bottle with zero ill effects. For around 2-3 minutes. The most gentle dip in my opinion. I have used most. I have dipped zoathids in a very very strong solution with no ill effects. I have also witnessed a zoanthid eating nudis survive bayer at very high rates.

I have found quite the opposite with revive at labeled rates. It is harsh but acros tend to do fine shortly after.

My recommended rate for bayer is 10-20ml per cup of saltwater. This is my typical dip for 10 minutes

I still use revive because I noticed a quicker effect with shorter dip times.

That's the one.
I use 10ml of Bayer per cup of tank water for 5 mins and then I rinse in two separate tank water containers for 5 mins each.

1002589=58186-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418659557.162930.jpg
>
1002589=58186-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418659557.162930.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418659557.162930.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

I have been following this process using Bayer for the past month. I have done it on zoas, a chalice, and an acro frag with great results.

a>

bayer is the best kills everything except the coral.all my corals get bayer dip.also gives me piece of mind

Just dipped a couple mini colonies and frags... No idea what this crap is but I don't want it in my tank

1003000=58244-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418863657.210236.jpg
>
1003000=58244-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418863657.210236.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418863657.210236.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

Back