Coral help

Whatskillz

Supporting
Reaction score
Just got 3 new frags for my nano
One of them looks like its dying
And zoa was open yesterday but not today.
I'm new to this sorry

Attachments

• 20190826_172358.jpg
    20190826_172358.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
How old is the tank? Also can you post your parameters? That will help people give ya some advice
Also a brief list of the tank size, lighting, filtering etc...

3 weeks is way to soon to be adding corals. How are your nitrites, nitrates etc..

Testing every couple of days.
If it's to soon what should I do
Honestly i would take the corals back to the store you bought them from. The stony coral in your picture is probably toast. Zoas are pretty tough but you are only getting close to half way thru your tank cycling. A tank need about 6 weeks to go thru the whole nitrogen cycle and be ready for any live stock. Did you get the coral from a local store?

Honestly i would take the corals back to the store you bought them from. The stony coral in your picture is probably toast. Zoas are pretty tough but you are only getting close to half way thru your tank cycling. A tank need about 6 weeks to go thru the whole nitrogen cycle and be ready for any live stock. Did you get the coral from a local store?
Damn that sucks.
Yeah I got them from optimum aquatics.
Would bottled bacteria work to get it going? I thought stability would get everything moving

Damn that sucks.
Yeah I got them from optimum aquatics.
Would bottled bacteria work to get it going? I thought stability would get everything moving
It will help but you should let things mature before adding coral. Did the people at Optimum ask you any questions about your tank? If you are seeing ammonia but no nitrates,nitrites then you have just begun to cycle. Bottled bacteria can help but I would wait at least another 3-4 weeks before adding coral/inverts.

I know it sucks but patience will be your best bet. Rushing anything in a saltwater tank is just going to cause problems down the road

It will help but you should let things mature before adding coral. Did the people at Optimum ask you any questions about your tank? If you are seeing ammonia but no nitrates,nitrites then you have just begun to cycle. Bottled bacteria can help but I would wait at least another 3-4 weeks before adding coral/inverts.
No didn't really ask me anything about it.
But its mostly my fault for being hasty.
I doubt they would take them back so I'm gona have to try to save them
Bottled bacteria and 10-20% water changes every other day. Would it be enough?

No didn't really ask me anything about it.
But its mostly my fault for being hasty.
I doubt they would take them back so I'm gona have to try to save them
Bottled bacteria and 10-20% water changes every other day. Would it be enough?
You can try. I would get a good bottle of bacteria quickly like biospiro, dr tims, or fritz. I would probably get 2-3 times what the bottle calls for your size tank. Do you know anyone local with an aged tank that could maybe tke your corals for a few weeks?

You can try. I would get a good bottle of bacteria quickly like biospiro, dr tims, or fritz. I would probably get 2-3 times what the bottle calls for your size tank. Do you know anyone local with an aged tank that could maybe tke your corals for a few weeks?
I'll grab some tommow and do what I can
No I dont no anyone that could

I let my tanks cycle for around 6 months before even thinking about adding corals tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? There is probably someone nearby who could house your corals for a few weeks. They would stand a MUCH better chance in a mature tank

Back