Coral Hoarder

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
After bringing home my new corals after yesterday's expo and realizing that my tank is crammed full with a bunch of frags, I have self diagnosed myself a coral hoarder. I am buying way more than what I get rid of and am Running out of room.

I don't like to completely sell any of my coral as every piece is unique and provides variety to my tanks.

Does anyone else suffer from this condition?

Yep, 3 species only tanks, sps tank, lps tank, softie tank

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yea it's bad over here , I saw the title and assumed you figured me out lol.
I'm so out of room in every tank , I have a really hard time cutting stuff I grew out ... if you grew it I'll gladly chop it up but I just can't butcher pieces I've grown out , most my frags are accidental breaks that I end up giving away ...... Time for a bigger tank I believe

i had that problem once but i got some therapy and a hundred and one step program.

haha i've been there too and will most likely be back there again once i get my 40 up and running. my 20 long was crammed full of coral, if i remember correctly i had over 40 different species of coral in there. and thats not counting the ones i had 2 or 3 pieces of in different places in the tank

jrhunter0000;1079330 wrote: Just means time for a bigger or another tank soon!

Lol, my 60 is the one packed full of coral and my 250 is lightly stocked. My 250 is my "sps dominant" tank ;), so... I can't put all these beautiful lps in that tank lol. + I'm worried they might not do as well.

LSU_fishFan;1079353 wrote: Lol, my 60 is the one packed full of coral and my 250 is lightly stocked. My 250 is my "sps dominant" tank ;), so... I can't put all these beautiful lps in that tank lol. + I'm worried they might not do as well.

Luke i was hinting to the 3rd tank idea ;) lol

jrhunter0000;1079358 wrote: Luke i was hinting to the 3rd tank idea ;) lol

Mark, I'll be getting a new tank as soon as I have space for a tank, maybe 10 feet by 4 feet :)

Not a coral hoarder here, I keep killing those.

But man..... I have a tank addiction, in all honesty I don't know how tanks I have. Between upstairs, the basement and the storage unit... a keep loosing count!

Sewer Urchin;1079370 wrote: Not a coral hoarder here, I keep killing those.

But man..... I have a tank addiction, in all honesty I don't know how tanks I have. Between upstairs, the basement and the storage unit... a keep loosing count!

I feel sorry for you electric bill. Im sure the electric company loves you :D

I feel sorry for you electric bill.

All good there, most of them are empty.

I hope to plump most of them together.

For example, my 180 will be the upstairs display with the 240 sump/refugium in the basemnet fishroom. Probably the 140 frag/grow out system will drain into that as well, but is I don't I have an old ACIII controller with DC8 that control that mess.

The 40 Breeder will house the SPS during the transition. That system will have 20L for a sump and a spare 20L for ATO/Dosing storage. Somewhere there is a 12 gallon acrylic cube that I think I can fit under that stand for ATS (not sure if I wanna go that route). That will take car of six of them, should be a good start.

I think that I should rehome the 210 that I have in storage.

When I type it all out..... I may have a problem.

Sewer Urchin;1079375 wrote: All good there, most of them are empty.

For example, my 180 will be the upstairs display with the 240 sump/refugium in the basemnet fishroom. Probably the 140 frag/grow out system will drain into that as well, but is I don't I have an old ACIII controller with DC8 that control that mess.

The 40 Breeder will house the SPS during the transition. That system will have 20L for a sump and a spare 20L for ATO/Dosing storage. Somewhere there is a 12 gallon acrylic cube that I think I can fit under that stand for ATS (not sure if I wanna go that route). That will take car of six of them, should be a good start.

Smart and awesome idea. Thats what im doing now. Using gravity to its finest with my remote fuge. :D

Sewer Urchin;1079375 wrote: All good there, most of them are empty.

I don't see any problems, you can never have too many tanks. There is always a new project waiting to happen.

michael grady;1079372 wrote: Hi, My name is Michael. I'm a coral hoarder.

Welcome to the coral addicts rehab center. The first step to recovery is to give me all your coral

Lol

LSU_fishFan;1079379 wrote: Welcome to the coral addicts rehab center. The first step to recovery is to give me all your coral

Lol

Let me jump on that... Oh wait id rather be a addict. Lol

Using gravity to its finest

No school like the old school ;-)

Back in my brewing days I remember seeing some drawings of an old British, or maybe Belgian, brewery that was spring fed from the top and gravity powered through out. Water in the top, beer out the bottom. I guess it left a lasting impression.

Back