coral ID help please

mikeup6

Market
Reaction score
I was given this guy to nurse back to health. When I got it, it was all white except for the tips which were still brown. It's really perked up in the last couple weeks! Anyone know what it is?

coral1.jpg
alt="" />

coral2.jpg
alt="" />

:up: sweet! Thanks guys. It was pretty ugly when I got it, but it's growing on me. My tank's only been running for a month, and I was definitely going to wait awhile before trying any sps, but since it was free... The one thing that really bothers me is that it's on a huge base. It's hard to put it where I really want to.

Daveatl.....yours is much prettier than mine!

hey mike, that looks like the standard mariculture type base, it should be easy enough to break the coral off that and put it where you want it.

I have no idea how to do that without harming the coral. I'm afraid to mess with it, I've never done it before. I'm still new at all this.

I may give it a try if I can get up the nerve. I know it's no big deal once you've done it but it makes me nervous :doh:. I don't want to kill it after I've just gotten it healthy again. Someone should put a demonstration up on youtube for us noobs.

Awesome! Thanks Barbara for all you help! I may have to give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be able to learn so that one day I'll be able to give frags back to all the great members who so generously give theirs away. I've not been quick enough yet to get anything, but it is really cool to see the things people give away.

Back