Coral ID

haninja

Lifetime
Reaction score
Picture.jpg
alt="" />

Woohoo, all technical.

I admit most green slimers are hairier, but maybe it just is being reclusive. DOes it get hairier?

Color is the same as my green slimer but the coralites and growth pattern are extremely different. Looks like more of a tableing acro, but I am not sure.

Bottom line is "WOW thats a nice coral"

I have a slimer as well and this one is not.... more like a tableing tort... It dosen't get hairier then this but so is my slimer..

Thanks Fish Scales.

It's not the same one but it's very similar. The one you gave me is still small, about 2"x2" but it start exhibiting the same growth patterns.

I have 2 one that grows more vertical and another that grows something similar to that one. I think they are probably the same species but a different variation of an Austera.

Does anyone know if the site that had pics of all the different species is back up somewere?

Joe

Growth patterns can be influenced by water flow patterns. I've seen acropora growing as a wall and as branches from the same base, depending on the strength of the current hitting it.

Hanin got that from me as a frag and it was described as a A. serrinidae at the time. It had a typical thin branch stag growth pattern with some interesting curves. Lost the colony a long time ago though. As Danny said its all about flow.

Yep, got it from Jin and it has been growing very nice. I wonder if it's another one of Ouling's...

Back