Coral not growing

laeru

Reaction score
So I've had my tank for about a year now. all of my corals look great but never seem to grow much at all. the colors of them also seem to slowly fade after a long time. I am currently using reef breeder LED's for my 60 gallon shallow reef tank and run the blues at 100% for 8 hours and the whites at about 25-35% for 6 hours. I am doing my normal 10 gallon weekly water change and I never get any ammonia nitrite or nitrate. my ph does fluctuate often but its normally between 7.9-8.3. my calcium is at 440 normally and my kh is usually around 8-10. I haven't checked my magnesium in a while but the last time i did it was at 1350. i mainly have softies, a few lps, and the only stony I've been able to keep is this one green monticap. is there something I'm missing to get my corals to really start growing or do i have to wait more? thank you.

How deep is the tank and how high above the water are the lights, at 100% blue, you are probably bleaching your corals.

the tank is 12" tall and the lights are about 8 inches from the water surface. also i just replaced about 90% of my live rock with dry base rock because my live rock was chock full of pests.

I run my photon 48 at about 85 blue 55 white on my 90. I agree you are bleaching. Also if you want sticks to go your tank MUST stay at stable parameters. Mine really begin to take off after adding a doser and getting it dialed in and the reefbreeder. Good luck

Back