Coralife 1/2HP Chiller Fan in Pieces

hzheng33

Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Peachtree Corners (Near Norcross High School)
So i bought an older model of the aqua chill 1/2hp chiller from a reputable reefer here and it has worked for 4/5 months. When it worked, it kept the temperature down in the desirable range.

This past weekend, my wife noticed that the fan was making a very noisy sound in the middle of the night and when i went got to it, i smelled something very unpleasant from the chiller.

I finally got to it tonight and took it apart. to my surprise, the fan is in pieces.

Q1) do you gurus here know if this is a readily available part that i can purchase?
Q2) how did it happen?
20161006_195921_zpsblqthklz.jpg
alt="" /></a>

I can't tell much from that picture but fans are generally fairly generic. You could probably take one out of a desk or small window fan and replace it. Are there any other markings on the motor other than the ones we can see in the picture?

You can also look on grainger's site. They have a ton of different fan blades.

a>

Hey Hui how this finally end up?
I've seen people repairing theirs by adapting a large CPU fan to cool it, it would normally be bigger than the simple fan and it would sit outside the chiller, benefits are great as I think you can find low noise and strong fan for it. I can post pics but I'll try and see if I still have your number and send you a link and a pic.

Back