Coralife Turbotwist 12x 36w O-Ring Size?

imay1280

Market
Reaction score
So, I am getting my sump set up in the garage, and I have managed to lose an O-ring that goes between the two housings on my Turbo Twist 12x. I am trying to figure out what size I need to replace it with, but can't find the info anywhere. Anybody have any idea?

Sadly, no... The far side tapers down quickly to a much smaller O-Ring that surrounds the clear plastic "light indicator" window. I have found the manual online, which says that the O-Rings (mm) are 16/22 and 16/28, but doesn't specify what the dimensions pertain to. Looking at the housing, there's no way that the missing O-Ring is anything more than a standard-thickness ring, unless it's more like a rubber band shape than a regular ring.

I also found a package of replacement rings online, that are sold out, which makes them all look like a standard round O-Ring. Of course, the package doesn't mention sizes... :mad2:

I also just found the package on Amazon, but $13 for the one O-Ring I need is a hard pill to swallow...

ref=sr_1_1

i would take the turbo twist to the hardware store and talk to someone about finding an o-ring to fit. should cost you a couple bucks max,

You're right, that would be the easiest solution. Sadly, it's plumbed in in such a way that it can be broken down to be maintained, but not removed. I'll keep looking around, it's gotta be on the interwebs somewhere. Thanks for trying to help, though, I really do appreciate it!

I'm curious to know if that would work. I have what they refer to as the OLD version, so I'm not sure what the size differences would be, if any. That site is actually where I found the set initially, but they are sold out of "OLD" sets.

Back