Coraline Free...3 sides at least!

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Finished scraping off the coraline on the front and right side on 160 Cube and had to take a pic since I haven't seen my tank in a while! I ended up scraping the left side off after I took the pic and forgot to take another. You can see how thick the coraline was on the left side of the picture. Kudos again to the "Easy Blade" scraper!!! One thing I noticed also is that my temp went down 1-2 degrees since the sides of the tank were absorbing the heat and not allowing the heat to dissipate.
>

Very nice! You got to love that little scrapper attachment!
BZ

Thanks guys...been so busy lately I haven't had the time to really enjoy my tank.

looks good! Hey Mark, which scraper & mag did you get? Was it the plastic attachment that you glue on a large mag?

I have the MagFloat 350 and I bought the original "Easy Blade". It just superglues right onto the MagFloat. One thing that I have learned ot to take it out and rinse it with RODI since the blades aren't stainless. I already have one part of the blade that has rusted off since this past weekend. A small price to pay for such a great tool!

I'm going to order some more blades from Champion Lighting if you want some.

I bought some extra also. I'll just need to change it out before I use it again. Thanks Loren fo rthe offer!

I have a gift cert from champion or I'd go straight to Sam...I would have beat you to it as well :)

Big D;209729 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Looks like Sam at Aquabuys has the best price on them, plus he's a sponsor... :up: </span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=agf_ez-blade-gray&Category_Code=m1&Product_Count=1">Link </a><<---</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">D</span>[/QUOTE]

You're best bet at preserving the blade is rinsing it in rubbing alcohol. It will rinse the water off and evaporate leaving no residue. This will keep the blade sharper for a longer period of time, also, as the water oxidizing the blade does more damage to it than does the scraping.

Back