Coralline starting to grow?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
@Steve Burton gave me some coralline scrapings from his tank last week. I’m still registering high nitrites with zero ammonia and 40ppm Nitrates but I think the coralline may be taking hold?

Attachments

• DE0FD7A5-63EB-40B6-AE08-ABB2B68B2D8F.jpeg
    DE0FD7A5-63EB-40B6-AE08-ABB2B68B2D8F.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 38
Ok Sadly I’m not proficient enough with these lights yet to figure out how to turn them on just white without messing up my program. Maybe when they turn off I can take a picture just with my camera flash. It’s basically just some brownish spots starting to form on some of the rock surfaces. It isn’t purple but I’m not sure if the coralline starts out purple at first?

I will try. Is there a certain filter I should use to get a better picture?
I take a pair of yellow safety glasses. I guess it's a darker shade of yellow and take a picture through them it takes out the blue and brightens things up

I'll check it out when I'm there tomorrow but coralline usually start out as tiny pink or red specks. How long has the tank been set up at this point? I'd imagine you're do for some uglies pretty soon. No need to fret but even with a cycled tank, you'll still see diatoms and all the other not-so-great stuff.

I'll check it out when I'm there tomorrow but coralline usually start out as tiny pink or red specks. How long has the tank been set up at this point? I'd imagine you're do for some uglies pretty soon. No need to fret but even with a cycled tank, you'll still see diatoms and all the other not-so-great stuff.
I’m not sure if this is the first or second week. I remembered you were coming but didn’t think about that when I posted this lol..just a little scatterbrained!

Grab a LED flashlight. You’ll be able to tell easily that way, crusty purp dots.

Doesn’t look like coralline to me in those pics, though.

Back