Coralvue Contact

sbmille2

Supporting
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good contact to the owner of coralvue or reef octopus? Or have a direct dial to Carlos who handles their technical problems that he actually picks up? I've called their number and only can talk to a receptionist anbd have asked the owner to call me back and he has not. Long story short I bought a SRO 8000ext through pure reef 5 years ago and the skimmer pump died within 2 weeks. They replaced the pump and over the last 5 years the same thing has been happening every 6mo to a year. Finally after 5 (2 of which i paid for) pumps and like 10 impellers had been destroyed A guy named Nick who worked there finally tried to figure out why the pump was doing this and why I was having this many issues. He determined with reef octopus that my iwaki pump wasn't feeding enough flow to the skimmer and that was causing the heat issue to blow up the pumps. I made an agreement with Nick that if I purchased a new pump through them that it was not going to be warranted until I added a dedicated pump and fixed the flow the issue and he approved it. I did this by adding a Jeabo 12000 that only serves the skimmer and it was approved in an email that he was satisfied with the repair. Over the weekend I smelled burning plastic and went down to by basement which is where my equipment is to find the attached pictures. The delay pump the skimmer is plugged into was pretty much on fire. I unplugged it and sent pictures asking what could have caused this as i fixed the flow and they're now reneging on the agreement we made in the beginning of Feb and Nick is no longer there to confirm this pump should be warranted because i fixed the flow and i still have no answer what caused this. I'm strongly considering getting an attorney involved as afire would seriously put me and my family including our 6 month daughter at risk.

Attachments

• 20210306_154134.jpg
    20210306_154134.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210306_154143.jpg
    20210306_154143.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210306_154151.jpg
    20210306_154151.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
Post photos on their facebook group, I can guarantee they will want to talk to you, and fast.

Back