CoralVue Hydros AWC Setup

reefkeeper

Supporting
Reaction score
Has anybody on the board successfully setup and got working a good AWC "Automatic Watering Change” system on there Hydro Controller? If so, can you please share your setup? I've been experimenting with several different configurations and equipment and would love to see what you 'all have done.

Last edited:
Following! Love my Hydros so far, but mostly use it for monitoring.

Following! Love my Hydros so far, but mostly use it for monitoring.
I would agree. I was an Apex guy for many years and loved the flexibility of being able to code and program the box to do some serious stuff when I had my huge reef tank. I recall back in the day when Neptune Systems was small company in Calif and you could speak directly to the Founder Curt.

I have a nano tank setup now for my grandson and were using a Hydros X4 to monitor and create some cool things. For those folks that want easy Peezy setup for a reasonable price. Then Hydros is the way to go. CoralVue does has great CCTV Youtube videos to assist everyone to setting different options on the Hydros. I'm working on a AWC and 0-10 volt setup to drive my grandsons budget Nicrew Led lighting from the Hydros.

Has anybody on the board successfully setup and got working a good AWC "Automatic Watering Change” system on there Hydro Controller? If so, can you please share your setup? I've been experimenting with several different configurations and equipment and would love to see what you 'all have done.
I just got mine set up recently and what I have learned is the best/safest way would be to use paristaltic pump to prevent siphoning. Hydros sells simple dose pumps for this but the micro pumps would well too. If you but the ATO kit you get an anti siphon splice piece. They need to be ran off of the drive port of an XD or X4 though. Remember to use the advance setting for min/max run times for insurance.

Back