CoralVue Hydros Control 4 delayed

ichthyoid

Trustee
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve been following, no more like waiting, to see any development on or release of CoralVue’s Hydros Control 4 aquarium controller. It appeared that the vaunted Apex might again possibly have significant competition.

They made a big deal about this product at MACNA last fall and even before via press releases & some early reviews. It all sounded great...

It now appears that the Control 4 product release has been delayed until at least fall 2020. Likely, due to fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, but still unwelcome news by many -

I was watching one of their promotion videos last week, it was awesome to hear that you can control many things from a single unit and they also vouch and be proud to say that you don’t need more “modules” to control more equipment as your needs grow, I think is very beneficial, very compatible with many brands and equipment make it more functional. I think I’d be waiting for their release and check for first time users, one thing I also have noticed over the years and with my experience dealing with reef octopus skimmers is that Coralvue has been always great to me, have also hear some hiccups with a few people but more likely they’re always responding and helping their reef community, at least that’s in my experience, that particular point is what you need when you dealing with controllers, get them to help you constantly and they have done it before. As a little experience user for Apex and seeing how it’s going through the years on controlling I’ll say that simplification of controlling features is a great solution, dealing with many things that we want to control is sometimes overwhelming, I’ve seen sump rooms “laboratory like” where you’d have to expend more than two hours at day usually checking on everything, I honestly never had that much time for my previous tanks and keep that, if I’d have a simplified controller that is not all about modules I can relay better in all functionality in one piece and not ten extra modules. Just my opinion.

Back