corraline algae on sand?

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
im starting to notice pink corraline algae growing on spots in my sand i stir it every 2-3 days to get rid of it any of you experience this?

stir is the wrong word the sand is still pink i just mix the sand at the bottom to the top so i wont see it lol and yes im 100% sure its not cyano

ill try to get a picture tomorrow when the white lights come back right now just running actinics gonna be hard to see

Coralline will grow on everything it can :).

It's not unusual for it to grow on the substrate especially with courser substrate which doesn't get moved as much. Coralline colors can vary quite a bit as well and there are many different species... pink, purple, red, green, etc...

Coralline will grow on everything it can :).

It's not unusual for it to grow on the substrate especially with courser substrate which doesn't get moved as much. Coralline colors can vary quite a bit as well and there are many different species... pink, purple, red, green, etc...

I‘ll second that... I’ve got purple coralline all over the black sand in my 50 gal. It contrasts well, so I leave it alone. If I had Fiji Pink or similar, I’d probably stir it to cover it too.

1935E730-287F-4F0B-AE12-B1DA11A3023B.jpeg

Back