CPR overflow noise

jballa15

Market
Reaction score
I purchased an overflow from someone on ARC a few months ago and just set it up on a 30 gallon. The sump has a mag 5 moving up about five feet of head pressure and about four 90 degree turns. The drain has a homemade (previously) "durso" pipe attachment that pulls the water over a bend to reduce the air noise, but the thing is still really loud. I looked at the CPR forums and found that the overflow originally comes with an adjustment tube to ket the air escape. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions to make a homemade air escape or modification to the drain? I am going to attach a ball valve and reduce the mag 5 flow a little and cover the back of the overflow. Thanks, John.

Ya, you should be able to drill a 3/15th hold in the top of the durso and hook a piece of airline tube in it will a air valve in it... You can open and close the valve till you get the right mix.

Wait 'till you install the ball valve, though. That might correct the problem.

So if I add an airline, should it be barely inside, a few inches down, or does it not matter with the valve? Thanks for the advice, ill try next week when I have a break at school and post the results.

Back