Crab ID

cameron

Market
Reaction score
I think this may be a fiddler crab. I snagged him out of the tank. He apparently wrecked several zoos before I got him in my larger tank and finally tore up the display getting him out. Thoughts?
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

He's definatly not a fiddler crab. Im not sure what kind he is though. Poor guys you ripped his legs off!

Boy he looks gnarly... I'm not sure if he's a "fiddler" crab, but he sure doesn't look too nice. I wouldn't be surprised if he was making a midnight snack out of some of your coral.

Flipturn88 wrote: Boy he looks gnarly... I'm not sure if he's a "fiddler" crab, but he sure doesn't look too nice. I wouldn't be surprised if he was making a midnight snack out of some of your coral.

LOL Gnarly!:wow2: . Name him Darth Vador!:yes:

looks like an emerald crab, but minus the emerald part, lol. I'ld say throw him in your fuge (if you have one) and let him have fun. Sorry cant help you with the ID tho.

That was his name! He is still alive if someone wants him. I wouldn't put him in a reef tank or one that has docile fish.

That is about the closest thing I have seen to him. He is more black than the one shown, but otherwise looks very similar.

Any takers out there for Vader? He is still available to a good home. If you have a FOWLR predator tank, he could make a great addition. Even in a fuge he might be cool. I don't have my fuge setup and won't for a while. He needs a good home.... isn't adopt a crab day coming up soon anyway?

Looks like something in the Miltrax family, like an emerald. Like glxtrix said, without the emerald part. Sorry, I can not take him, I am sure he will eat ALL to pods I have been building in my fuge.

Take that back, I might </em>take him. He looks almost big enough for a crab boil!

I don't want to kill him as he is pretty cool, but his days are numbered in my tank. Think an LFS would take him in?

I bet an LFS would but they might feed em to a trigger or something... I watched a guy at Marine Fish do that to a crab a guy brought in. Also Fiddler crabs need to come out of the water every once in a while.

do you think he'll get into a royal rumble with my emerald crab??? I'll take time if you dont have anyone to give him to yet. You going to be at the meeting? Or do you want to meet up or I can come by your place if you'ld like.

I have an emerald and they have been living together for quite a while in a 90 gallon. Seemed to get along this week in my 120, but I am guessing this thing will eat anything it can get a claw on.

hmmm maybe I shouldnt then, I was thinkin of adding it to my 25g anemone tank but I def dont want it to start pickin off my cleaning crew or worse a fish....hmmmmm I need a fuge for that thing, lol.

Back