Crazy Freaking Fish!

zapped82

Market
Reaction score
Well,

Today started out like a normal day until we were cooking dinner and all the sudden I heard my roommates girlfriend scream while she was in near the fish tanks. I went running in to see her putting my magnificent foxface back in the water. Ends up she walked in to see what my girlfriends dog was licking on the floor and it was my fish. Everything seems to be ok for now however the foxface seems a little spooked still. Hopefully he will make it however he's not moving out of the corner of the tank. We'll see what tomorrow brings. At least we were here when he jumped out and apparently found him quickly. Wish me (and the foxface) luck!

P.S. Good thing for me she forgot it was venomous when she grabbed it off the floor. :eek:

LOL!!

I didn't think foxfaces were jumpers...

Anyway- glad she was there to save him!! My dogs would have picked the silly fish up and ran off with it!!

My fingers are crossed for your fishy!

Thanks, I didn't know they were jumpers either. The little min pin seems to be fine... she likes to toy with her food usually so she was most likely swiping at he floor in front of the fish rather than the actual fish. She's scared of her shadow so she was definitely afraid of the fish. Thankfully everyone seems to be ok for now, the fish is the only one who isn't back to normal right now.

see i don't think my dogs would've made it......i have 2 huskies that just play with whatever they can and im sure one of them would be either gone or hurting really bad if that would've happend to me.........GOOD LUCK

Well, after 24 hours everything looks good. Dog's fine, roommates girlfriend is fine, and Magnificent Foxface seems to be doing well. I would've thought I may have the problem with my 6-line but ever imagined it with the foxface. I think I'll be handing over a few $$ to HD for some egg-crate to cover the tank. We'll see...

thedeper;193758 wrote: Did it not hurt the actual dog? I thought foxfaces were poisonous..

Venomous not poisonous. Huge difference. You have to be envenomated, poison you can just touch or eat and be in trouble.

Kinda like snakes, they are venomous, not poisonous so fine to eat or rub against!

You could lick a foxface all day long as long as you don't prick anything and envenomate yourself!

kwl1763;194282 wrote: Venomous not poisonous. Huge difference. You have to be envenomated, poison you can just touch or eat and be in trouble.

Kinda like snakes, they are venomous, not poisonous so fine to eat or rub against!

You could lick a foxface all day long as long as you don't prick anything and envenomate yourself!

thanks for the info, I tried to explain that to my husband about lionfish, but wasnt that eloquent about it lol

Back