Crazy!

mvm

Market
Reaction score
I came home from vacation several weeks ago to find my anemone shredded. I'm not sure what happened. It never moves, but must have gotten in one of my vortechs. Anyway, all that was still alive was the foot. No tentacle, no mouth that I could see. I sucked all of the "shreds" out of the tank and tossed them. All that remained was a small foot that was <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">surprisingly</span></span> still attached to the bottom of my tank. I decided to leave it and see what happens. What was left didn't even remotely resemble an anemone. Over the next few days the foot crawled back to the rock where it usually stays and has been there ever since. Over the last few days, it's started to re-grow tentacles and for a mouth. I'm glad I didn't toss it. Long story short, these animals are incredibly <span style="color: black;"><span style="font-family: Verdana;">resilient</span></span>! I can't get a good picture, but will keep trying.

Finally got a picture. It's still bleached, but coming back nicely considering that it was only a foot a month ago.
B03EE388-BB48-4B3E-B2A7-7FFB69888FD3-2314-000000EFB0E2ED7F_zps27201654.jpg

Looks great. I had one that got into a powerhead and my daughter fished her out and she had a big gash right down the middle of her mouth. Within just a few days she healed up and has been going every since like the everyready bunny...LOL

Back