Critical contact list

sparky

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was one of them hit by the power outage. I have multi-ups' and was fine for the duration of the outage. When we lost power we lost intenet and tv. Planning for worst, I ran out to get a generator from Lowes. Set me back about $500. :D

Got it up and running and the, umm . . . . power came back on. Now I am the proud owner of a generator :doh:

Question is, I was completely not able to call for help. I had no idea where to start or who to get in touch with to trigger any form of assistance.

Do we have an emergency contact register that is able to put wheels in motion. That is, to put people who are in need with people who need . . . in situations like these.

I used to work for an emergency response unit, and we had a telephone escalation tree which highlighted lcoations and capabilitites. This allowed all of those involved to know who they could reach out to in case of need.

Any way . . just a thought . . . now to explain to the boss why I spent $500 :eek: on a generator

I don't know if it exists but I think it would be a great idea. I was lucky and reached out to Budsreef, who in turn hooked me up with Loren, who in turn knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy and like magic, a generator appeared at my door. But had Bud not been around, I would have been out of luck too. I'd put my name on a call tree in case of emergencies if there is one out there. If not, willing to help start as pay back for all the help I have gotten while out of town or in trouble
BZ

This is a great idea...wasn't there some sort of list floating around that members were adding their contact info to?????
Maybe we should have some sort of list with member - add/phone/email listed. Everyone gets a copy to use for emergencies. Members that want to participate can add thier info on the list....would that work??

I don't mind making a list if ya'll want. It would be something like a word doc. Easy to download or email.

It would be a good thing to add into the social groups we can do now. Esp. if the you start a group of people that are local to you..

I think it's a great idea. It would be nice to know who's around in your area to help out in case of an emergency!

Yes...this is a great idea that come up before...but no one moved on it. There should be a sticky (by COUNTY) or something of generator owners.

DrNec, you can put me on your list. If the world blows up, give me a call and I'll help!

cr500_af;326645 wrote: DrNec, you can put me on your list. If the world blows up, give me a call and I'll help!
Dont have to worry about the world blowing up.. Gotta worry about those rotten zombies!

zombies.jpg
alt="" />

DrNecropolis;326659 wrote: Dont have to worry about the world blowing up.. Gotta worry about those rotten zombies!

zombies.jpg
alt="" />

I'm well-armed and have LOTS of anti-zombie ammo. I'm ok unless the zombies are >1,500.

yeah... one of those real gamers lol....Back on topic though..

Us in the west side have a social group already and this morning when it was bad I was thinking about that..Ok this who is close that I can help/help me..

Back