critters for fuge

roundman

Market
Reaction score
Fuge is up and running and with that bulb that Cameron (i think) recommended the macro is growning like crazy. I was looking around and found this web site http://www.aquatix.us/index.html?0.45568244207190634">http://www.aquatix.us/index.html?0.45568244207190634</a>
and they have critters for your fuge. Since new to this is it a good idea to have some of these, micro stars, brittle worms, etc in the fuge?

yes it a very good idea to have the critters in your fuge.They help break down the nasties in your fuge.I would not pay for them though,just get a small clump from someone here at ARC,the critters multiply very fast.

Yes, it's a good idea to have the critters. All the little bugs will eventually reach populations that will bleed into the display providing food.

However I wouldn't bother buying them. Get cheato from a series of different members and you'll get all the seed critters you need.

The cheato I gave you should have been full of critters. I was watching my sump/fuge last night and I saw 1/4" copeds and brittle stars the size of half dollars running all through the Cheato/Cualerpa/Gracilaria. This has been a fuge that has been up and running for 5yrs+. Had to replace a bulkhead that was cracked yesterday, what a pain! But all is up and running on the softies tank finally!

I have isopods, amphipods, and copepods growing like mad the entire tank looks like it is crawling. Don't see any brittle stars but was mainly wondering about the DSB do I need anything wandering around in there.

roundman;70280 wrote: I have isopods, amphipods, and copepods growing like mad the entire tank looks like it is crawling. Don't see any brittle stars but was mainly wondering about the DSB do I need anything wandering around in there.

Odds are you have stuff wandering around in there,you just cant see them.Mostly Bacteria and those tube worms probably.

Most of the time you can't see what's in you DSB unless its made its way along the side of the tank on the glass.

Back